Programming robotic arms in house and on-site installing of automated pipetting laboratory instruments. Effectively manages assigned territory, including following up on software problem escalations.
- Software development in house and on site at customer locations
- Handle the combination of software development with hardware integration Installation of in house developed solutions at customer site
- Troubleshoot and diagnose all Synchron robotics products Provide direct software support on site or off site by e-mail/telephone
- Keep accurate records of software development and other work through our ERP system
- Maintain a neat professional appearance and good hygiene
- Follow common laboratory safety practices as defined by the company and/or the customer’s site safety code
- Maintain a travel schedule and travel on short notice including international travel (20% of working hours)
- Excellent communication skills
- Associate degree in software, electronics or mechanical engineering, or biomedical engineering technology or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the above preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of C#, and VBScript. Delphi knowledge is a plus
- Must have the ability to program from a customer perspective, implementing user software and service software to test and run client automation processes
- Knowledge of interfacing with hardware (third party)
- Preferably 1 year of experience in laboratory automation solutions
- Excellent PC skills, including latest windows, excel, word processing software
- Proven customer service skills
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Strong organizational, communication and follow up skills.
- Valid driver license required
- Good knowledge of English Language , German and/or French language would be a plus!
Synchron is a supplier of innovative multi-tipped robotic XYZ liquid handling systems and robot friendly functional modules for Laboratory Automation.
Synchron’s product range comprises all standard Laboratory Liquid handling systems, as well as our custom designed products. We will supply your entire system, from the automated platform to the necessary consumables, such as pipetting tips and tubing. Whatever your hardware product mix, the entire system will be controlled via Synchron software. The software will include standard programs where applicable, combined with custom designed software unique to your application.