Software Developer bij Gamgee
Your primary responsibility is our backend development. Unit-testing is not a strange concept to you. And we expect you to be familiar with how your work can support and expand our CI/CD system as well.
We are looking for you to have
- Have a degree in computer science, software engineering or comparable experience
- Be a self-starter who can work independently, as well as being part of the greater team
- Be fluent in English, with excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Be tolerant towards ambiguity and uncertainty as nothing is set in stone.
And to have
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with a passion for technology, obviously ;-)
- Experience with and fluent in Ruby, as that is the basis of our current backend
- Experience with RabbitMQ
- Experience with PostGreSQL
- Experience with Git, Vagrant/Ansible, Jenkins and other tools of the trade.
Nice to haves
- Experience with working in agile teams
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Good working knowledge of common network protocols (TCP, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Wi-Fi protocols.
- Being part of an exciting new company
- With a friendly working environment
- Competitive compensation package with stock options
- Flexible working hours
- An international working environment
- And more...
Our Vision and Mission
The number of smart devices connected to the internet is rapidly increasing. However, consumers already today are faced with average to poor wireless performance. We want to provide to consumers an excellent experience by means of high performing wireless connectivity, outstanding usability and a comprehensive portfolio of smart home services. We want to put performance, safety, privacy, convenience and control in the hands of the consumers. We believe in the power of partnerships with market players to deliver on this promise. We strive to delight consumers with excellent wireless smart home network solutions.
We are devoted to our ambition, we are trustworthy to consumers and partners, we aspire an open and safe environment to learn and grow, we are professionals and we are committed to constant innovation.
Do you want to work with us on this ambition? Do you want to be in the forefront of translating the latest technologies into life-enhancing services? Do you appreciate an international working environment? Do you move fast and accurate in the development and operations of mobile applications, cloud backends, firmware and beyond?