Senior Software Engineers for web applications (Ruby/Rails) at StreamitTopvacature
... and development: Together with our current developer, you are responsible for the development of our device management platform: A web application covering logistics, configuration, delayed and near-real time remote control, and monitoring. The goal is to combine a solid design with speed, quality, and flexibility in development.
Development involves design and implementation of functional aspects, APIs, and the back office user-interface. For the customer-facing user-interface, an off-shore development team is involved.
... and operations: The device management platform is a distributed web application. Overseeing the whole system, you and your colleagues make sure it is designed to be stable and that it is available for customers worldwide, with efficient use of available resources.
... and new technologies: When translating customer needs into solutions, you work with the latest internet technologies. There is room for new ideas and we expect that you engage in the search for the best outcome for the client. You have the drive to master new technologies.
You will need the ability to keep the overview over a complex distributed system, to extend and improve it.
• Academically qualified
• Extensive experience with Ruby on Rails
• Good skills in working with and switching between various frameworks
• A strong ability to create a solid design, but also to make the code robust
• Drive to deliver solid results
• Ability to work closely together, also with other disciplines
• Good communication skills
• Flexible and disciplined
• For this function, you need to be available 32 to 40 hours per week in Veldhoven
- A challenging job in which you will develop yourself
- Work in a well-structured agile software development environment
- An appropriate salary and secondary facilities
Streamit is a Dutch company, specialized in streaming audio and video over the internet. We make our own products, both hard- and software. The main application of our products and services is in-store audio: Music for shops. We don't provide the music, we provide the products and infrastructure to get the music and commercials into the stores. Each store its own program, if necessary. We are a small team of professionals with high standards, working closely with external specialists in the field of software and product development, marketing, sales, communication, installation and service.