Are you an enthusiastic software engineer who is always looking for new tools and techniques that make your job easier? Do you like working in a young and informal team and environment where your ideas are valued?
As a Software Engineer at Symbaloo, you will build the next generation of our platform that reaches millions of people. Our mission is to help teachers deliver educational resources to students and create a personalized learning experience for every student around the world. We are looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas to bring our platform to the next level. Within our team you will have responsibilities throughout the entire development process and
work on various subjects, including large-scale distributed system design and artificial intelligence.
In this role you will work with
● A platform with thousands of concurrent users
● Clustered Java EE web applications
● Replicated/Clustered RDBMS’s
● Continuous Integration
● Private cloud + AWS EC2
● Java 8 / J2EE
● Apache Spark
● Git / Gitlab
● A dash of shell scripts
● Tomcat & Jetty
● BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
● 3+ years of industry experience
● Strong programming skills in at least one object-oriented language
● U nderstanding of scalability, performance and reliability problematics
● Advanced degree (MSc, PhD)
● Experience as team lead or architect
● Experience with distributed systems
● Experience with machine learning, big data
● Space to bring in your own ideas
● A strong team spirit
● Workspace in a professional team
● Flat Hierarchy
● Based in the old centre of beautiful Delft (1 minute walk from the central market)
● Choose your own device to work on
● Very competitive salary (of course)
● Team events
● The usual startup goodies like fruit, drinks and snacks
● Foosball, computer games or darts after lunch!
● “Gezelligste” team of the Netherlands
The location for this position is our Headquarter located in Delft. This job opening is only available for applicants with a EU passport or a valid European working visa.
Check this out:
Symbaloo started as a visual bookmarking tool in 2007, meant to be the homepage simplifying internet navigation. After shifting our focus towards education and our launch in the United States in 2010, Symbaloo grew to 10 million users worldwide, which makes Symbaloo one of the leading navigation and supporting tools in education. Our development and European marketing team are located in Delft (The Netherlands), the American marketing team is operating from Costa Mesa (Orange County, United States).
With our two products ‘Symbaloo’ and ‘Symbaloo Learning Paths’, we aim to bring personalized learning to a new level. We currently give teachers a comprehensive set of tools to create, store and deliver learning materials to students. Our next step is to deliver content tailored to the individual based on students’ weaknesses and interests.