As a Senior Developer you’ll work on projects in the core of the transaction systems. You’ll focus on producing highly secure, robust, efficient software systems. Our systems need to be always on and extremely flexible. We focus on maximum code reuse and simple integration options for our partners.
Our software is being developed in two languages: Java and Eiffel, using the Object Oriented Software Construction methodology. We are moving towards a microservices architecture to improve our segmentation and separation of concern, thereby improving scaling abilities and testability.
In our company, the senior developer wil be part of a technical team that works on the creation and management of top-quality software every day at a highly professional level. This team is working in a manner, where agile methods and continuous integration / delivery practices are very important.
• As a senior developer at Payplaza you deliver innovative features to our customers anywhere, anytime, on any device;
• You specialise in building large scale applications which are highly available and very efficient;
• You are keen on optimising for speed and scalability
• Occasional travel (mostly within Europe, Madrid) might be required;
• You produce high-quality mission-critical software delivered within the time constraints of the business using iterative development with regular milestone demos to the business.
• Create innovative back-end applications using advanced development technologies;
• Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what a server can do;
• Initiate, iterate and continuously improve on technology, developing the product as well as the way of work;
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or comparable (HBO opleiding) or higher.
• Experience in software development; in-depth experience developing server applications in enterprise-level environments;
• Deep understanding of Java. Understanding of Eiffel is a pre;
• Willingness to learn and work with different, lesser known languages like Eiffel;
• In-depth knowledge on principles of modern design patterns;
• Knowledge of and experience with Object Oriented Software Construction;
• REST architecture (typically the application/hal+json content type);
• Knowledge of continuous integration tooling;
• Good communication skills in English;
• Native Dutch speaker;
• Strong analytical skills, proactivity and willingness to share knowledge with others;
• A drive to not only create great, but also very secure code on every level.
You can bring us even more value when
• You also have knowledge of and willingness to work on Desktop or Web Application Software;
• Eiffel is a language and methodology you know about and have experience with;
• You have experience with the Grails framework and other, more traditional Java based frameworks such as Wicket.
Working at Payplaza means working in a young company that is going places. We are not so small that we are unstable, but not so big you can’t influence the direction any more. You can make a real difference. You will be working at our beautiful Amsterdam office. We value quality and security while understanding the customer’s need for quick delivery.
Payplaza Software Development is a hub for technology and innovation, developing IT solutions across Payplaza in areas such as Payment Terminals, Transaction Gateway Services, Data Management, Data Security, Touch Point Architecture and many more.
We focus on providing value to customers in the field of (M)POS transactions. These need to be initiated and completed on a wide range of devices, ranging from full PC hardware to payment terminal (EMV) hardware to small touch devices like Android or iOS based phones, pods and pads.
Payplaza’s customers include governmental departments as well as high to low end international retail chains. Our fast growing team is challenged daily to find innovative solutions to satisfy their needs.