Apply your knowledge of Swift and the iOS SDKs to improving the Highstreet platform iOS core, a complex fully native framework that powers the apps of brands like Scotch & Soda, Etnies, Marlies Dekkers and more. Your work will end up in the hands of hundreds of happy shoppers every day all across the globe.
Here are a few things you'll find yourself doing when you come work with us:
- Craft advanced animations and transitions in close collaboration with our designers until the experience feels just right
- Design, discuss and implement new features in a large codebase, while continuously improving existing code
- Demo your work to the design team and founders, gather feedback and plan the next iteration
- Repay technical debt, fix bugs and improve the user experience during weekly Fix-it Fridays
- Restart Xcode in an attempt to get syntax highlighting to work again
- Add support for the latest iOS and device capabilities as soon as they come out
- Research new and/or interesting APIs, patterns and architectures and present them to the team
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent training or work experience
• Experience with Objective-C and Swift
• Experience with modern iOS technologies
• Strong UI and design skills
• Strong communication skills, a positive attitude and empathy
• Self ¬awareness and a desire to improve your skills
• You must be legally allowed to work in the Netherlands
• Experience with CocoaPods, fastlane, Charles, Reveal or other iOS development tools
• Experience with RxSwift or other reactive programming implementations
• Experience in small startup environments
• Experience building a whitelabel solution
What’s in it for you?
• Competetive salary
• Working in an international team;
• engage daily with great fashion and lifestyle brands;
• open minded culture with room for initiative;
• a truly modern working environment;
• a nice office in the centre of Utrecht
• monthly team drinks and team activities
Who we are
In 2013, Highstreet Mobile Retail was born believing that the future of shopping is mobile and we can help make online and offline shopping much nicer. Nowadays, more than 50% of e-commerce is taking place on mobile devices. However, the user experience of shopping on smartphones and tablets is far from great. That is what we want to change with Highstreet.
Our platform lets brands create a high-quality native retail app based on their existing webshop in just a few weeks. It is our mission to create the best mobile shopping experience. We work hard to make shopping on mobile frictionless, inspirational, and personal. We are always pushing the limits of what’s possible on mobile and our iOS engineers play a crucial role here.
How we work
We drive on smart ideas and great team work. As an iOS Engineer you will be working closely with our designers, back-end engineers, product owner and client service engineers. Together, we create amazing retail apps delivering the best mobile shopping experience for our clients.
We embrace your ideas on how to improve the Highstreet platform. You can gain and share knowledge in our monthly dev sessions. We order pizza, have drinks, and enjoy presentations and code workshops together.