Senior Front-end developer bij HotelchampTopvacature
What you’ll be doing:
Using program languages and frameworks such as Node JS, React JS and Redux , you and the team will be building products from the ground up, as well as finding new ways to incorporate and use the latest technologies and techniques.
● Extending and optimizing multiple front-end application;
● Recommending appropriate technologies to implement new features and products
● Develop code libraries that can be shared amongst projects
● You understand the terms DRY and KISS
● You can live with YAGNI
● Extending and optimising multiple Front applications
● Recommend appropriate technologies to implement new features
● Build, deliver, and iterate to help scale projects
● Setting up architecture
● Create new methods for improving efficiency of the Hotelchamp product
(you probably have more technical questions than the guy writing this sentence knows the answers to – if you’d like more specific information about what you’ll get to work on, our Head of Technology Santal van der Veen is super-friendly and always happy to answer questions about the role)
What you bring to the team:
● 4+ of experience in Front-end development
● You know your way with ReactJS ES6 and Redux
● You can set up complex code architectures and have experience in building complex but scalable applications
● Strong understanding of REST APIs and knowledge on how to interface with them
● You’ve developed in teams and know your way in Git
● Used to writing code in a clean and readable way
● Professional proficiency in English
● You’re open to be based in the area of Groningen
What we will give you in return
● A group of energetic and multicultural colleagues (20+ nationalities within a group of 50 people!)
● A #champstyle work environment
● The unique opportunity to craft your signature into our growth and create your own development path within the company. A lot of growth offers a lot of opportunities!
● Thursday drinks, Thursday company lunch an awesome Ping Pong tournaments to de-stress
What makes a Champ
You might have heard a lot of things about working in a start-up. Honestly, we’re guilty of some of them – free drinks, a young team with funny accents from all over the world, and at least one of our developers has a beard. And also like a lot of start-ups, we’re growing super fast – we’ve quadrupled our team within a year, and like a cheetah on a skateboard going down a hill, we’re only going faster.
So what makes Hotelchamp different to other startups? The short answer is how we treat you. We celebrate the individual success of each and every employee, we’re just as interested in your development as our own, and we’ll absolutely push you to your limits – but never too far. We know that our company is only as good as the people who work here, so we only hire the best and the brightest. Because that’s what it takes to be a Champ.
We are the Champs
By quadrupling our team of Champs within a year, it’s safe to say that we are growing fast! We won’t stop and we can’t stop, and with great opportunities on the horizon, we’re on the hunt for the best and the brightest to join our team. Yes, we are a start-up and hell yes, we have lots of fun. But above all, we are ready to challenge ourselves each and every day. Are you up for it? Join in and celebrate with us.
Why you want to be a Champ
Hotelchamp provides hotels with the tools to improve their website conversion. They’re pretty darn good tools but we just can’t resist adding new features, constantly testing and turbocharging our product with machine-learning. Wrangling all the data gathered from our client websites and our obsession with optimisation is busy work though – there’s code to critique, bugs to squash and AI to prevent from attaining sentience. Our Groningen-based dev team could use a hand.