As EyeOn Data Scientist you help companies make better forecasting and planning decisions based on quantitative analysis and models. You are a creative mind with a passion for forecasting and planning algorithms and a fascination for big data.
In your work, you deal with three pillars of data science: data engineering, model development and storytelling (presenting and visualizing results in an insightful, compelling and narrative way). With a sharp analytical eye, you translate business challenges and opportunities into a design that you implement and embed in the customer’s organization. Designing your solutions, you never lose sight of the people that work with them and the processes that they support.
• Data mining of company internal and public data sources;
• Translating planning, forecasting and sensing challenges into mathematical decision support models;
• Presenting results in a narrative and insightful way to managers and planners;
• Raising the efficiency and quality of data science projects by standardizing and improving technical methods and applications;
• Contribute to the innovative power of EyeOn by running innovation lab projects;
• Raising the expertise of EyeOn colleagues in the area of data science.
• A completed university education and master degree in Operations Research, Data Science, Econometrics, Mathematics or similar;
• At least 8 years of relevant experience in supply chain planning and forecasting processes;
• You see a challenge in translating complex practical problems into mathematical models;
• EU-working permit
• We prefer our new colleagues from outside the Netherlands of Belgium to have a connection with these countries through studies, friends or family
• Experience with programming in data science, preferably in Python (Numpy, Pandas, Scipy, Scikit-learn);
• Highly proficient in processing and analyzing data (SQL knowledge is a must, knowledge of big data technologies like Hadoop, Sprak, Pig, Hive, etc. is a pre);
• Tech-savvy: eager to learn new technologies and applications;
• Knowledge of, and experience with typical data science techniques (regression, classification, clustering, math programming, simulation, etc..)
• A great place to work in a no-nonsense environment
• Challenging projects with large multinationals
• A healthy work/life balance
• Employee autonomy
• Focus on personal development
• Excellent employee benefits and perks including bonus potential
• Lease car, public transportation business card, laptop, phone, reimbursement of expenses