As EyeOn Data Scientist you help companies make better forecasting and planning decisions based on quantitative analysis and models. You are a creative mind with a passion for forecasting and planning algorithms and a fascination for big data.
In your work, you deal with three pillars of data science: data engineering, model development and storytelling (presenting and visualizing results in an insightful, compelling and narrative way). With a sharp analytical eye, you translate business challenges and opportunities into a design that you implement and embed in the customer’s organization. Designing your solutions, you never lose sight of the people that work with them and the processes that they support.
• Data mining of company internal and public data sources;
• Translating planning, forecasting and sensing challenges into mathematical decision support models;
• Presenting results in a narrative and insightful way to managers and planners;
• Raising the efficiency and quality of data science projects by standardizing and improving technical methods and applications;
• Contribute to the innovative power of EyeOn by running innovation lab projects;
• Raising the expertise of EyeOn colleagues in the area of data science.
• A completed university education and master degree in Operations Research, Data Science, Econometrics, Mathematics or similar;
• At least 8 years of relevant experience in supply chain planning and forecasting processes;
• You see a challenge in translating complex practical problems into mathematical models;
• EU-working permit
• We prefer our new colleagues from outside the Netherlands of Belgium to have a connection with these countries through studies, friends or family
• Experience with programming in data science, preferably in Python (Numpy, Pandas, Scipy, Scikit-learn);
• Highly proficient in processing and analyzing data (SQL knowledge is a must, knowledge of big data technologies like Hadoop, Sprak, Pig, Hive, etc. is a pre);
• Tech-savvy: eager to learn new technologies and applications;
• Knowledge of, and experience with typical data science techniques (regression, classification, clustering, math programming, simulation, etc..)
• A great place to work in a no-nonsense environment
• Challenging projects with large multinationals
• A healthy work/life balance
• Employee autonomy
• Focus on personal development
• Excellent employee benefits and perks including bonus potential
• Lease car, public transportation business card, laptop, phone, reimbursement of expenses
This is one of the most innovative teams within its industry. EyeOn Data Science & Solutions (DS²) is the team that:
• performs data analysis and assessments based on analytical tools like R, Python, Matlab and Tableau;
• implements cloud based planning solutions for our international customers like ASML, Philips, Unilever, Heineken and Johnson & Johnson;
• helps companies make better forecasting and planning decisions based on quantitative analysis and analytical models.
They are creative minds with a passion for analytics, forecasting- and planning algorithms and a fascination for big data.
DS² is a highly innovative team that believes in the future of IoT, Big Data and Machine Learning. We develop new and innovative solutions for our customers based on the latest technologies and insights.