Senior Data Engineer (Python) bij Pointlogic
Our data team is pragmatic and keen to apply the best tools for the job. We have a wide experience with distributed systems such Hadoop / Hive in addition to Spark. The team has an open culture, works in an agile style and in close cooperation with software developers and colleagues from other disciplines such as our analytics consultants and client facing colleagues.
You will have the opportunity to develop yourself in areas like Big Data, data modelling and database architecture.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or or proven experience in the field;
- Advanced knowledge of Python;
- Knowledge of and experience with data modelling and warehouse architecture ;
- Knowledge of and experience with Hadoop, Hive/SparkSQL and PySpark;
- Experience in creating stored procedures, triggers, performance issues etc.;
- Team player with flexible, proactive and pragmatic attitude;
- Preferably residing in the Netherlands. Otherwise willing to relocate to Rotterdam or to visit our Rotterdam office frequently.
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- Personal and professional development opportunities;
- Flexibility in working hours and location;
- Exciting development projects and clients;
- An open, respectful and multicultural atmosphere;
- Time for socialising and fun;
- 25 days of paid leave;
- Reimbursement of traveling expenses;
- Daily fruit snacks.
Pointlogic provides customised decision support systems to improve marketing effectiveness. Our products are backed by powerful analytical methods, research and (big) data that enhance and enrich our customers marketing tools and processes. The combination of software and analytics allow our customers to make more informed strategic and tactical business decisions, ultimately leading to greater ROI from marketing budgets.
At Pointlogic you work in an exciting Media & Marketing world which combines creativity, software, econometrics and marketing analytics to its full extent. Pointlogic has its head office in Rotterdam and further offices in London, New York, Singapore and Sao Paulo.
What we do? - Pointlogic products are linked via a generic effectiveness chain covering all major aspects of the marketing cycle. We design, develop and customize marketing decision support tools for each element of this cycle. These tools are applied for media problems such as the optimal allocation of advertising budgets, the analysis of the effectiveness of media campaigns or the tactical planning of budgets across offline and online media channels.
Who are our clients? - Our activities are globally oriented: we have users of our products in more than 80 countries around the globe. With our tools we support the decisions of large advertisers, media owners and media agencies, both on a tactical and strategic level.
Who are we? - We are a team of approximately 90 energetic, highly educated people with backgrounds in mathematics/econometrics, software development & IT, business administration and market research. A bunch of smart heads? Maybe a little, but foremost we are a highly motivated and creative team that works hard to finish the job. An open atmosphere, mutual respect, time for social contacts and time for fun are important ingredients within our company.
To support the ongoing growth of our business from existing as well as new customers we are looking for new staff for our office in Rotterdam.