● You will maintain our automated build process which is based on the Jenkins Continuous Integration (CI) server.
● You will oversee that testing of our products covers the available functionality and the devices we target. In addition, you ensure that error reports efficiently reach the responsible developer. Here, we need you to interact with automated tests (technologies like selenium, karma and protractor) as well as supervise human testers (black box/white box testing). You might maintain automated tests yourself and/or kick developers who should write them.
● You will also develop metrics other than bugs, for instance speed and availability.
● You will discuss new functionality with the product manager as well as the architect, as we trust you to become an expert of the internal workflows of the product, who can foresee possible problems and bottlenecks. This might lead to some specification writing as well.
● You will communicate with the documentation department so that our docs and user guides are up to date.
You can demonstrate to us that you possess a drive for quality.
● You have at least two years of actual experience with automated testing, test-driven-development and QA techniques in general.
● A short list of relevant technologies we use: jenkins, selenium, protractor, docker. Each added one gets you more plus points in our book.
● You are well at home on Unix systems.
● Your English communication skills must be excellent.
We are situated in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, where life is relaxed and free, 90% of people hold conversations in English without problems, and where innovation and design are everywhere.
● Compensation varies with experience and added value (our team provides room to grow). We provide a laptop and benefits like 25 days of vacation per year and pension support.
● As this position is regarded as a core team member, we’d like the candidate to physically be present in our office in Amsterdam (The Netherlands) to some regular extent.
We are a small software company with over 20 years experience in developing web technology for use in the fashion world. Within the next two years, we will expand our offerings to become a platform where medium-sized wholesalers and small entrepreneurial retailers can remove the friction of collaborating and create thriving businesses together. Over the last few years we have transitioned our backend and frontend stack to modern web technology standards (HTML5/AngularJS/Python/MongoDB) and have adopted agile methods. Now we are ready to make rapid innovation happen. For this next step, we need engineering talent to make sure we are running a great ship.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? Softwear ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van Senior Build/QA engineer bij Softwear.