BigData Republic is a consultancy company in the area of big data engineering, data science and data architectures.
- Data engineers are full stack engineers/developers
- Full working proficiency in Dutch and English is mandatory
- Architecting solutions to collect, stream, store and analyse a variety of data
- Designing scalable systems
- Working with large sets of structured and unstructured data
- Design trend detection/pattern recougnition algorithms for predictive analytics
- Flexibly research and develop new technologies as need changes
- Working with other teams to define/refine requirements and provide solutions
There is great deal of overlap between roles in BigData Republic. For instance, a data scientist might use the Hadoop ecosystem to serve up answers to their data questions, and a data engineer might be programming an iterative machine learning algorithm to run over a Spark cluster. Even though these tracks are separate in our program, some companies prefer that candidates are comfortable with aspects from both data science and data engineering.
- BA/BS/MS/or PhD, with strong academic record, ideally in Artificial intelligence, Mathematics, Computer Science, OR, Statistics or other quantitative field
- Experience working with large data sets (both structured and unstructured) using technologies such as MapReduce, Hadoop, HBase, Hive and NoSQL
- Experience with visualization technologies
- Experience with predictive analytics using R or SaS in PoC/prototyping is a plus
- Experience with real-time analysis of sensor/data from Internet of Things is a plus
- Preferred candidates have several years of software engineering experience in Big Data
- Preferred skills / tool experience:
- Scripting / dynamic languages, such as Python / Bash / Ruby
- Programming languages: Java /Scala/C++
- Hadoop, Cassandra, MongoDB, Neo4J etc.
- SQL, REST API’s/ JSON o Linux and Bash scripting
- Search systems (Lucene / ElasticSearch / SOLR)
- Agile software development
BigData Republic is a consultancy company in the area of big data engineering, data science and data architectures. We provide consultancy, training & support and help customers in their transition from previous generation information architectures to the new generation of Big Data technologies and analytics.
We don’t see our area of expertise as a playground, where we do only R&D at our customers expense, but we rather go for tangible results. Our consultants have a scientific background but are pragmatic in the execution and understand it all comes down to business value. Our Consultants are industry experts and thought-leaders who have worked extensively with Hadoop, NoSQL databases like Cassandra, CouchDB, search technologies like Elasticsearch, Solr and related technologies like R, Python etc.