You are a senior developer whose programming skills contribute to getting the best out of every team and athlete. You empower data for every body to help athletes get to the next level and to make this startup an international success.
You have a key role at the software development team and will be working on the back-end development and the architecture. You will develop, improve and test features, based on the input from our operational, scientific and innovation teams, for our REST API.
● Our backend consists of a two-tier system, composed of a REST API, written in Python Django, and a series of data processing tasks in Pandas. These tasks will be gradually rewritten to ensure stability and availability. You will evaluate and implement frameworks and architectural changes on the long-term.
● The frontend consists of an Angular JS Single Page Application (SPA) that communicates with the backend via a REST API, which you will be working on.
● You will work with Trello to manage the workload, Github to manage the code-related workload end work through pull requests from feature branches. CI and CD is managed through CircleCI and Kubernetes.
Who are you
You are a passionate programmer who likes to make a difference. You are someone who learns quickly and you know how to build a fault-tolerant distributed application. You can reason clearly and think through the implications of your
choices when developing. You like to take responsibility and work as a part of a (great!) team. You have an optimistic attitude and clear communication.
Your skills and experience
● Minimum of 5 years’ experience in back-end web development
● Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a functional programming language ·
● Experience with Elixir/Phoenix is a nice to have!
● Python Django (must!)
● SQL (must!)
● C++ (nice to have)
● Continuous test driven development and professional documentation
● Clear, transparent and consistent communication
● A dynamic and responsible job at a tech startup.
● You will work as a part of a young and enthusiastic team of approximately 10 people and currently expanding.
● A great office in the SBIC-building, located at the Space Business Park in Noordwijk (ZH) not too far from Amsterdam.
● A relaxed, balanced and informal work environment.
● Full-time employment.
● Flexible working hours and the possibility to partially work from home.
● Competitive salary.
● 26 vacation days per year.
● Travel allowance.
● A laptop will be at your disposal.
● Budget for personal, professional development.