Medior Software Engineer bij BrainumTopvacature
Stop! Yo! Are you a sharp and fearless Software Engineer with a problem-solving and go get-it attitude and a hands-on approach to programming?
Are you looking for an environment where you can be yourself, and where you deliver results? Do you want to develop business-critical software in an easy-going atmosphere within a small, mixed team with a focused and positive attitude? Do you want to add your own unique qualities to a flexible and motivated IT team?
Look no further and apply at Brainum!
As a software engineer this means that you are expected to:
Build the new solution
You program our new application and data interfaces. You deliver quality code according to functional and technical specifications while applying our development guidelines. Documenting and testing your own work is a natural given.
Work together, cooperate, share and care
You participate in the continuous improvement of development and release processes. You participate in knowledge sessions and retrospectives. You review your colleague’s work. You ask and you inform!
In the end, by building the functionality of our new application, you directly add to the service and satisfaction (!) of our customers. Our software is truly important (even critical) to our customers and by extension to their customers and end consumers. We work in multi-layered business-critical reality: each second that our customers have to wait for a software fix directly affects their business.
- You work, think, act and communicate at least at Bachelor level (HBO)
- You have at least 2-3 years of work experience as a developer
- You are self-motivated, organized, confident and inquisitive
- You have superb analytical skills and you like puzzles. You are a team player, you communicate, and you are (flex)able to work in a flat and entrepreneurial organization
- You communicate fluently in English and Dutch (or are willing to learn Dutch) (both written and verbally)
- You think and apply Object Oriented Design Principles
- Good to have:
- Experience with: HTML/CSS; MS SQL 2016 / T-SQL; Version control (GIT, BitBucket); UML Diagrams
- Exposure to TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Automated Builds/Deployments
- SOLID principles
- Single Page Applications (Frameworks)
- You are continuously enhancing your knowledge and skills
- In addition, having knowledge of the liquid bulk storage and trading business is advantageos
- A permanent job on a full-time basis.
- A chance to develop yourself - with a training budget of € 2.500 per year (in 2018).
- Company Lunch. Besides the coffee and different kinds of teas, the fridge is stuffed with sodas and juices. Beers and wines are kept for our Knowledge Café on Friday afternoons.
- WIA Gap Insurance (in case of disability this Insurance provides an addition to the legal WIA allowance).
- Focus, attention and opportunities to develop yourself further.
Brainum is a successful, energetic and entrepreneurial Dutch company, specialized in developing and implementing business-critical software for liquid bulk storage and trading businesses. We are a front-runner and expert in the domains of Terminal Management Software, providing a very complete and rewarding solution to our international customers. Together with our consultants, and of course with our customer, we help our customers optimize their business.
For more information please visit www.brainum.com.