We have too much work. Therefore we are searching for a Software Engineer with a problem solving attitude.
As a software engineer at Brainum, not one day is the same. Together with the project team members (consultants, project managers) and the development team Brainum provides a unique software solution to its customers, embodying over 10 years of liquid bulk specific knowledge.
For a software engineer this means that you can expect to:
You program new functionalities and data interfaces while maintaining and improving existing ones. Off course you deliver quality code according to functional and technical specifications while applying our development guidelines. Documenting and testing your own work is a natural given.
Make things work
You translate functional specifications into technical design specifications and you reduce technical debt.
Signal and propose common technical solutions
After having analyzed the causes of customer issues, passed along by our Service Desk, you fix it. You take initiative for improvement within the given context.
Improve both the application & yourself
You keep the circle clean, refactor and upgrade our current product to more modern technologies.
Work together, cooperate, share and care
You participate in the continuous improvement of development and release processes. You participate in knowledge sessions and retrospectives. You review your colleague’s work. Or you may be a mentor. You ask - and you inform!
Participate in deployment and project-specific teams
You can help set up environments and install or update systems. You might also elaborate documentation, operate as a tester and support colleagues and customers during deployment phases. During a go-live you participate in conciliation shifts.
In the end, by building new functionality, fixing code or upgrading the technical state of our application, you directly add to the service – and satisfaction (!) of our customers. Our software is truly important (even critical) to our customers – and by extension to their own customers and end consumers. We work in multi-layered business-critical reality: each second our customers have to wait for a software fix directly affects their business.
- You work, think, act and communicate at least at Bachelor level (HBO)
- You have at least 5 years of work experience as a developer
- You are self-motivated, organized, confident and inquisitive
- You are comfortable working under pressure without losing focus and attention for detail
- You have superb analytical skills and you like puzzles. You are a team player, you communicate and you are (flex)able to work in a flat, fast growing and entrepreneurial organization
- You communicate fluently in English and Dutch (both written and verbally)
- You are continuously enhancing your knowledge and skills
- In addition, having knowledge of the liquid bulk storage and trading business is advantageous; as is experience with MES, ERP, DCS or SCADA
- A permanent job on a full-time basis
- A chance to develop yourself - with a training budget of € 2.400 per year (in 2017)
- Company Lunch. Besides the coffee and 37 different kinds of teas, the fridge is stuffed with sodas and juices. Beers and wines are kept for our Knowledge Café at Friday afternoons.
- WIA HIAAT Insurance
- Your enthusiasm and devotion is rewarded: Over-time and conciliation shifts are compensated
- Focus, attention and opportunities to develop yourself further