A friendly dev team is looking for a Python engineer!
This is a senior position, but we accept applications from people with limited experience who can convince us that they are the right person for the job.
In more detail, this is what we think you'll be busy with:
- Maintain a Pyramid backend. Next to coding, this includes planning the next steps (in Jira and scrum planning), overseeing the build process and documentation (we plan on open-sourcing the core part of the backend).
- Lead a small team working on the Pyramid backend.
- Take part in shaping the technological strategy we take with our whole stack. The architecture decisions in our backend are crucial for everything else.
Finally, some employment conditions, which should be of interest:
- This is a full-time position. We offer flex schedules anywhere from 32h-40h per week.
- We allow remote workers, but for this position we require the applicant to be a Dutch national or possess a Dutch social security number (BSN). EU citizens who have not previously lived in the Netherlands are welcome to apply, but would need to relocate to the Netherlands to obtain a BSN (~social security) number. We do not pay for relocation or Visas of non-EU citizens.
- Be at home on Unix
- Some Bash scripting familiarity
Nice to have:
- Experience with modern CI automation tools - we use Jenkins
- Experience with NoSQL databases - we use MongoDB
- Experience with Pyramid
- Experience with AWS
- Currently we are situated near Amsterdam, The Netherlands, where life is relaxed and free, 90% of people hold conversations in English without problems, and where innovation and design are everywhere. In February 2017 we will be moving closer to the centre of Amsterdam, to a modern office complex with a gym, cafeteria, and access to nearby shopping, entertainment, and public transportation.
- Compensation varies with experience and added value (our team provides room to grow). We provide a laptop and benefits like 25 days of vacation per year and pension support.
- We’d like the candidate to physically be present in our office near Amsterdam (The Netherlands) but for the right candidate, (partly) remote work is possible.
- Flexible schedules, part-time or full-time.
- Work from home possible in limited fashion.