ED&F Man Liquid Products Division is a leading global supplier in molasses, molasses blends and related liquid products as well as beet pulp pellets and other dry cargo products for (mainly) animal feed industry. The Amsterdam office is responsible for the European, African and Asian business within the Liquid Products Division. We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join us as a ICT officer within a fast-paced and down to earth environment.
In cooperation with Corporate Technology department at our headquarters in London the ICT officer will manage the technology infrastructure covering operating system, applications and hardware across the region for the division. The role will drive the use of technology in the organization, provide effective IT systems and provide technology support and solutions to meet the needs of the organization. The supported technologies include wired and wireless networks, storage systems, Microsoft active directory, Windows OS, MS Office suites, Citrix, end user work stations, laptops and various proprietary and commercial software applications and hardware.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the overall technology infrastructure for the region. This includes planning and implementing and managing of software applications and hardware infrastructure that support the business.
- Managing the systems administration, such as general computer support, network and printer support, development of equipment.
- Proactively providing end user support, such as informing and training users.
- Independently managing or contributing to various ICT projects, which include planning of the IT related infrastructure, assessment of applications and technology and influencing and advising on the equipment or software selection process.
- Medium Vocational Education degree (MBO), preferably within Information Technology or relative extensive work experience in combination with related ICT certificates.
- Between 3-5 years’ work experience in a similar role within an international organization.
- Strong knowledge of network technologies and Windows clients and experience in handling servers and hardware.
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, identify and isolate technical issues.
- Willing to take ownership of issue analysis and resolutions. Tenacious in resolving technical issues.
- Effective written and oral communication in fluent English and preferably Dutch.
- Ability to work and cooperate well within the team as well as end users with service minded approach.
- Working in a structured and proactive manner.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
Established in 1783, ED&F Man is an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 7,000 people in 60 countries. We trade sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed, grains and pulses. We help our counterparties manage price risk through hedging and provide access to commodity and capital markets through our financial brokerage business.
Corporate Responsibility is ingrained in our culture. We are passionate about sustainable production, take care to limit the environmental impact of our operations and actively support the communities in which we work. Our five core values define who we are and guide our behaviour: Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus, Entrepreneurship.