BigData Republic is a consultancy company in the area of big data engineering, data science and data architectures
- Play a leading role in the development of big data technology based systems (e.g. Hadoop & Cassandra) from design to hands-on delivery both in green field and existing environments.
- Leading innovation by exploring, investigating, recommending, benchmarking and implementing data-centric technologies.
- Gather and collect the data, store it, do batch processing or real-time processing on it, and serve it via an API to a data scientist/engineer who can easily query it.
- You typically work on solutions that scale to multiple systems.
- A good big data engineer has extensive knowledge on databases and best engineering practices. These include handling and logging errors, monitoring the system, building human-fault-tolerant pipelines, understanding what is necessary to scale up, addressing continuous integration, knowledge of database administration, maintaining data cleaning, and ensuring a deterministic pipeline.
- Hands-on experience with the Hadoop stack (e.g. MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Hbase, Flume) and/or other (distributed) platforms such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Neo4J etc.
- Full working proficiency in Dutch and English is mandatory
- Hands on programming and development experience; excellent problem solving skills; proven technical leadership and communication skills
- Hands-on experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Linux, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP, Chef).
- Good understanding of Data structures, ETL, RDBMS
- Experience with Hadoop Security model consisting of authentication, service level authorization, authentication for Web consoles and data confidentiality.
- Hands-on Experience in the areas of Clustered/Distributed Computing Networking & Security
- Having a solid track record building large scale, fault-tolerant systems over the whole lifecycle of the project
- Prior experience with large scale distributed RDBMS (Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica) is a plus.
- Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2/S3/EMR, RackSpace Cloud, OpenStack) is a plus.
BigData Republic is a consultancy company in the area of big data engineering, data science and data architectures. We provide consultancy, training & support and help customers in their transition from previous generation information architectures to the new generation of Big Data technologies and analytics.
We don’t see our area of expertise as a playground, where we do only R&D at our customers expense, but we rather go for tangible results. Our consultants have a scientific background but are pragmatic in the execution and understand it all comes down to business value. Our Consultants are industry experts and thought-leaders who have worked extensively with Hadoop, NoSQL databases like Cassandra, CouchDB, search technologies like Elasticsearch, Solr and related technologies like R, Python etc.