Anchormen is growing rapidly! Therefore, we are looking for additional experienced Big Data Engineers to serve our customer base at a desired level. This entails giving advise, building and maintaining Big Data platforms and employing data science solutions/models in enterprise environments.
- You will work at 1 to 3 different projects
- On average you will work 50% of the time at the Anchormen office and 50% at the client
- You work closely together with business to achieve data excellence
- You have a pro-active attitude towards the needs of the client
- You will build test-driven software
- You gather data from external API’s and internal sources and add value to the data platform
- You work closely together with data scientists to bring machine learning algorithms into a production environment
- You work and think at a bachelor’s level
- You have a minimum of two years experience in a similar position
- You have knowledge about OO and functional programming in languages such as: Java, Scala and Python (knowledge of several languages is a plus)
- You have knowledge and experience with building and implementing API’s on large scale
- You have thorough knowledge of SQL
- You believe in the principle of ”clean coding”; you don’t just write code for yourself or a computer, but especially for your colleagues
- You have hands-on experience with technologies such as: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, HBase, Hive, Elastic, etc.
- You are familiar with the Agile Principal
- You are driven to keep developing in terms of the latest technologies
At Anchormen there is an open working atmosphere. Everyone is open to initiatives. You can be proactive in this and get a lot of freedom to let your work be part of our success. We don’t believe in micro-management but do believe in giving our employees the freedom to function optimally. This means hard work, but of course combined with a lot of fun!
What do we offer?
- Good work-life balance
- Competitive salary and employment conditions
- Training and opportunties to develop
- Company car, mobile phone and laptop
We help our customers to use Big Data in a smart way, leading to new insights, knowledge and efficiency. We advise customers on how to set up their Big Data platform. Our consultants provide advice, implement the right products, and build complex algorithms to make the right analysis and predictions.
Consumer 360: We build recommendation engines and precision marketing platforms
24/7 Business: We can proces large-scale datasets for predictive maintenance purposes
Search, Match and Find: We make use of the latest search technology to accomodate customers in exploring their data.