Back-end developer (PHP) bij Woodwing Software
Come help us develop our Enterprise Server codebase further, taking us to the next level. Enterprise is the engine behind our advanced workflow- and content editing software, guiding many of the world’s top publishers to produce print- and digital content.
We’re looking for a new senior backend developer who will code new functionality and improvements within the Enterprise Server. You’ll work with other developers to both support frontend functionality and expand the capabilities of the system. You think about the desired user process and design new or improved functionality or API’s. At WoodWing, developers have the freedom to choose which tools and technologies they want to use to get the work done, respecting the limitations of the existing frameworks and code.
What you’ll be doing:
* Working together in a strong team of professional developers
* Taking the lead building new functionality, making improvements and refactoring legacy code.
* Helping the team improve and maintain existing codebases
* Make software to be proud of, used by many clients all over the world
• Experience with object oriented programming languages, preferably Java or C++.
• Experience with PHP.
• Experience with domain driven design and test driven development.
• Experience with troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
• Experience with large data models, relational databases and SQL.
• Experience with web service design and infrastructure (Apache, IIS)
• Experience with object oriented design.
• Experience with Continuous Deployment or Continuous Delivery
• You can pick up new programming languages or tools quickly if need be.
• You can work independently within a small, multidisciplinary team.
• Experience with source code repositories, preferably Git/Github4+ years’ experience as a developer
• You can communicate in English, in both spoken and written word.
• Experience of working within the Agile methodology
To your advantage:
• Experience with AWS and Docker
• Experience with Solr / ElasticSearch
• Experience with Scrum
• Experience with development and contributing to Open Source software
Why you want to work at WoodWing:
• We build standard products, not custom work. At WoodWing you’ll have the time to build a good architecture.
• We offer the chance to attend professionally related international events.
• There are many possibilities to develop yourself further and grow within our mature and flexible organization.
• Located in Zaandam, easily reachable by both train or car. Plenty of parking spaces.
• Contact with colleagues working around the world, with a strong base of developers in Zaandam
• Possibility to occasionally work from home
• Excellent secondary employment benefits.
• Informal working environment including Nerf guns, table tennis table, fussball table, pool table and pair programming tables.
WoodWing Software is a global market leader in everything to do with multichannel publishing and digital asset management software. They enable brands, marketers, creative agencies and publishers to increase quality, reduce costs, shorten time-to-market and develop new revenue streams and to realize the full potential of their content.