Vacature is niet meer vacant
The engineering team is currently working hard to extend the functionality, introduce exciting new features and expand to an international footprint on all leading mobile platforms. To speed-up this process we are looking for passionate colleagues to achieve our exciting roadmap.
The team is searching for a passionate Senior Backend Java Engineer with excellent development experience. You love to be challenged and to create new systems with cutting edge technologies. We are a fast growing smart mobility company and we are looking for you to help us lead the charge.
This is a great time to join our fastest growing mobility start-up, which is well funded and is generating revenue and profit since the day we have started. We have doubled in size in the last 12 months and are on the verge of several exciting breakthroughs.
In our team you will work on the server side of our mobility framework. You work in a Java environment with queues, asynchronous communication, web services and databases in a highly scalable infrastructure. You can design yourself, are pro-active and a good team player. You will take part in the technical decisions on design, techniques and implementation and work in an Agile/Scrum environment. You’re just as excited as we are about the latest trends, possibilities of cloud services or how mobile Apps efficiently should work with webservices.
Are you an expert in Java development, especially scalable web services, experience with cloud computing (preferably CloudStack/OpenStack etc.)? Do you have a strong backend focus able to support our mobile opportunities? Maybe you should come over and have a chat?
• You have a BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent;
• You have 6+ years of large scale, full life cycle development experience;
• You are an expert in Java development;
• You have a solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO Design with rock-solid programming skills and a passion about your craft;
• You have some hands-on knowledge of Linux and related open source technologies such as Apache, Progress, and Hadoop;
• You have strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills, combined with intellectual curiosity, and a desire and ability to "get things done" are essential requirements;
• You have a proven success working in and promoting a rapidly changing, collaborative, and iterative product development environment;
• Start up experience is definitely a plus;
• Experience in the Mobility area would be great.
We are Innovactory; founded in 2013 by a team of former TomTom employees who were responsible for the development and rollout of TomTom’s HD Traffic, IQ Routes and Map Share technology. At Innovactory we are using this knowledge and expertise to develop innovative applications, around a central theme: Smart solutions in the mobility area.
We have a full service package, which makes it possible to create and deliver exciting mobility Apps and their supporting systems to the users of our services.
It’s our goal to deliver these smart mobility solutions to individual travellers to support them during their daily commute, frequent trips and journeys to every destination. Our current flagship product TimesUpp is after a successfully introduction in the Dutch market being prepared for international rollout.
Innovactory has a roadmap to be a part of the autonomous driving eco system. We have developed our own mobility framework, which provides us with a strong foundation to further grow our smart travel assistant TimesUpp. We also make use of it to deliver solutions to several premium customers and brands in the private and public market to achieve their goals.
In a relative small timeframe we have been successful in exploring and delivering products and services. Based on this and making use of our own and our partners networks and experiences we feel quite comfortable to start rolling-out our technology and services internationally. Location-aware content applications will be the future and we think that we’re well positioned to deliver them for our users and our customers everywhere around the globe.