We're looking for new colleagues to join our startup and develop a fast, intuitive and scalable community platform. If you're interested, we'd love to get to know you a bit over coffee. We look forward to meeting you!
We're building a customizable, extensible and white-label community platform. It is web based and takes many different shapes, from being a simple forum, to a full blown networking website or even a marketplace. Currently 50+ different communities run on Crowded, on their own domain, with their own branding, each with a different configuration but all running the same software on our servers.
Our backend is developed on the brand spankin' new .Net Core platform. We write this in C# and F# on macOS and run it all on linux. Due to historical reasons we also have some PHP backend things on write duty which we're slowly phasing out piece by piece. Our front-end is written in Angular 1, and we can't wait to move to a modern framework.
We like to research so we create something that we're truly happy with and we'll always make room for R&D, even if it might not be directly relevant yet. We strive to find the right abstractions to keep complexity low and we love keeping our stack simple. We'd rather optimize on top of a few pieces we're expert on than add new specialized infrastructure, this keep us sane as a small team.
As our new front-end developer you will
- Join the discussion and work on the architecture of our new front-end client which we'll rebuild from the ground up. Will it be Vue, Ember or Aurelia? Or something more exotic and bleeding edge like Glimmer? Are we going to use TypeScript? Will the core be web-components?
- Actually build a large chunk of this new front-end.
- From there on build new features and structures for our customers.
- Previous experience with web frameworks (Ember, Angular, Vue, React or the like)
- You are an avid user of some online communities (think Producthunt, Reddit)
- An eye for detail and a quality striving mindset (ideally besides features you also write tests, clean code & documentation).
- A fair salary (starting at 35k / year) or freelance starting at €3,000 ex. vat / month.
- Open to discuss stock options in the company.
- Travel, expenses, dinners, etc. all covered.
- All the autonomy, freedom and working environment you want.
We're a steadily growing, self-funded startup from Amsterdam, 2,5 years old. Technology is at the core the company and a shared passion across the entire team (including sales/support). Our daily focus is building an intuitive and configurable Social Platform (think WordPress for Communities).
Contradictory to being all technology, in the market we operate it is fitting to be in close contact with customers on a daily basis. We build our product around their feedback and give unlimited support, but always aim to answers questions through technology and in a scalable way. Our customers are among others:
- SME's and Municipalities; Like The Hague, Amsterdam, and others spread across Europe.
- Enterprises, mostly in the financial space; Like the ING, ABN AMRO, Moneyou, KLM, Capgemini and others.
We are inspired by companies like Basecamp. We believe you shouldn't just 'be in it for the long run', but rather to have a nice and fulfilling life in the present. That's why we prefer working in a relaxed environment on our own time, rhythm, place and pace. We have no investors, try to avoid insane deadlines and care about each other. Also: We're all young, building Crowded is our bet on learning a lot of new things and developing ourselves as interesting human beings. Nowadays, the border between work and leisure is vague, so work better be something that brings a lot of value to you as an individual.
This also means you have quite some autonomy (and should be willing to handle that) on when you come in and where you work from. If you want to work remote for some time after we've got to know each other, we're open to that. If you believe a certain project will be beneficial to you, we're all ears.
Our office is in Amsterdam, we work in the city center on a nice loft on top of a Co-Working Space called Startdock.