Front-end Developer bij Electric Ant Lab
You'll have freedom to operate and basically be leading the way in our SaaS front-end development. You will work with various other experts, all with their own specific expertise and all contributing to making our simulation SaaS a success. In the end it's your responsibility to create the framework to build an elegant, easy-to-use solution for pretty complex resource-demanding computational problems sounds appealing to you, we would really encourage you to apply.
Our team is small so we don't have time for hand-holding, so there are many shared responsibilities in the upkeep and development of the technical infrastructure and front-end of our product. It is expected that you will take part on the work and decisions regarding both the user interaction side and the simulation SaaS product development. Eventually you should be able to grow into a team-lead of the front-end team and lead the design and build of future iterations of our platform.
These are some of the challenges that our development team is facing:
- how to visualize and replace a physical lab environment;
- how to build a first source and go-to product that can replace a now analogue lab process;
- how to maintain UX consistency to our scientific users;
- how to manage and interact with large data sets and computational resources in real-time across a wide range of devices;
- how to create reusable building blocks and tooling to speed up the development of new applications;
- how to build up our front-end stack without sacrificing performance or speed of development.
- 5+ years of experience with front-end engineering
- Experience with product-oriented, B2B client-facing applications
- Single-page application development
- Responsive design
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams, fast-paced environment
A bonus would be:
- Systems knowledge (our team is small, so hands-on experience in other parts of our application stack is plus; Linux, docker, nginx)
- A degree in Computer Science or something equivalent
- WebSocket programming and WebGL
If you’re interested in being part of an enthusiastic growth company that is building the virtual lab of the future, we could be the right fit for you. We offer an inspiring work and team environment with flexible working hours in a fast-paced start-up with a can-do mentality. We pride ourselves on the fact that most of us are engaged in new things every single day, solving problems by coming up with solutions that didn't exist yet.
You can expect a competitive salary and a good secondary benefits package including access to sporting facilities and training/learning opportunities.
Electric Ant Lab is moving R&D from the lab to the laptop. We do so by providing intuitive Simulation-as-a-Service tools with novel scientific models of materials, complex computing methods, massive amounts of data and high-performance computing. On-demand and scalable. Which means we develop, host and run pretty complex and forward thinking code and a complex back-end with a number of sub-services.
Our company and our research has been backed by EU subsidies and since the start of this year by a growing community of innovative companies in the med-tech and chemical industries. These are companies that gradually understand that simulations of complex fluids with HPC resources provide the means for a better understanding and faster development of their products and materials.