Data Platform Services Consultant (Amsterdam) bij AnchormenTopvacature
Anchormen is growing fast! In order to provide our clients with an optimal and complete solution for their data platform, we are looking for an experienced Data Platform Consultant/Engineer. In this role you will be closely involved with the consultancy regarding the client’s future infrastructure and data environment. In addition, you will be involved hands-on with installing and managing complex data platform solutions. Environments with many machines with complex application and data structures are the norm; you will ensure that everything runs like clockwork, jump in when there are issues, monitor security and performance and know how to effectively create improvements.
You have a passion for Linux, cloud computing and different Hadoop distributions such as MapR, Cloudera and Hortonworks. You are constantly involved in seeking out the latest developments in this area. You are motivated to convert traditional environments into open source or hybrid solutions.
- You have thorough knowledge of cloud platforms like Azure, Amazon, and Google.
- You have experience with container technologies like Docker and/or Kubernetes.
- You are a Linux guru, with a great passion for Linux, networking and automation and management of platform tools.
- You are familiar with infrastructure-as-code.
- You have experience with data platforms such as SQL, NoSQL and Hadoop.
- Distributions such as MapR, Cloudera, and HortonWorks are not new to you.
- Experience working in a data warehouse environment, and familiarity with ETL processes and database platforms are a plus.
- You are able to advise clients about the correct solution for their environment.
- You are proactive in staying informed about the latest trends in the market.
- You have a proactive attitude towards the needs of the client.
- Preferably, a candidate with knowledge of the Dutch language.
- Friendly and cooperative colleagues
- Progressive and tolerant company culture
- Open-space working environment
- Daily office fruit and snacks
- Friday drinks
- All the coffee you can consume
- Competitive market salary
- Travel allowance
- Possibility to attend congresses and events
- Being part of a fast-growing and innovative company
- Training and development possibilities
- Bringing actual value to our clients
We help our clients to use Big Data in a smart way, which leads to new insights, knowledge and efficiency. We advise our clients on designing their Big Data platform. Our consultants provide advice, implement the appropriate products, and create complex algorithms to do the proper analyses and predictions.
Anchormen has an open working environment. Everyone is open to initiatives. You can be proactive in these, and have every freedom to allow your work to be part of our success. We don’t believe in micro-management, but give our people the freedom to function optimally. Hard work naturally also plays a part – but with enjoyment!