Team & Technology
Our Product & Technology department currently consists out of five teams, each with around three developers, one Product Owner, a Scrum Master and a UX designer. The teams are working closely together, applying Agile principles and taking ownership to implement the desired product changes. Our international and scalable platform is running on a LEMP stack and is using a variety of SaaS solutions. Currently, we load data from different sources like MySQL, Salesforce, Google Analytics and various others towards Amazon Redshift. This loading process is done with an in-house built PHP application. On top of Redshift, we use Looker to give our end users the right business insights and the ability to create reports and dashboards themselves.
We have a lot of data in our product and systems we use. Your role will be to own this data and be responsible for the flow from different sources until it’s visible to our internal users. These users may vary from country managers, product owners but also data scientists and analysts. You will design the data storage, build or use applications to get the data from source to destination and make the data available. You will support the business analysts and data scientists to provide them with the right tools to support reporting and machine learning initiatives.
● Professional experience with SQL, ETL Tools, Databases and Event Collection Systems
● Able to design and create reliable data pipelines from multiple data sources
● Architecting data stores in big data environments like Redshift
● Collaborating with data scientists and analysts to build the right solutions
● Aware of technology trends regarding data structure, handling, and storage
● Experience with modern Business Intelligence platforms
● Experience in setting up data access profiles
● Experience in PHP to maintain in-house data loader
● Not afraid to take ownership
● Fluent in English
● A competitive salary
● Ability to improve yourself by following courses and joining conferences
● 25 days of annual leave
● Pension arrangement
● Free lunch together with your colleagues
● Free fitness in our building
● An excellent working environment in the center of Amsterdam
We are excited to get you in the team
Werkspot is located on the Herengracht in the heart of Amsterdam. Each week we enjoy drinks on our balcony together, with a beautiful view of the canal. We often celebrate our achievements together with the whole company. The culture within Werkspot is very open and multicultural; and you are very welcome. We trust each other and give the autonomy to work in different ways. We pay a lot of attention to things like communication, working environment, personal development.
Werkspot is a fast growing internet company with headquarters right in the center of Amsterdam. Our mission is to be the easiest and most reliable way to arrange home services. In The Netherlands, we are the market leader with Werkspot.nl. We are rapidly expanding internationally and started with the launch of Instapro.it in Italy late 2014 from our office in Amsterdam.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? Werkspot ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van Data Engineer bij Werkspot.