BigData Republic is a consultancy company in the area of big data engineering, data science and data architectures.
- The mission of a Data Scientist is to do deep learning from data in order to help guide the business;
- A data scientist must be able to answer complex statistical questions. Must be able to process large amount of data to obtain statistical data out of gigantic data populations;
- Finding the answers requires knowledge of statistics, machine learning, NLP, optimization modelling and data mining;
- It is essential to know ICT fundamentals and programming, including experience with languages and database technologies such as Python, R and MySQL;
- A data scientist should be able to effectively communicate his results to interested audiences. This includes visualizing data or results in a dashboard. That is why a data scientist should be well-versed in creating charts and graphs by using visualization tools like D3. Next to visualization, a data scientist should also be able to adequately report his results and insights verbally and in writing;
- You don't make assumptions but you understand the strengths and weaknesses of different models and can effectively reason about when to apply various combinations. You're not a one trick pony.
- Understand business drivers, functional and non-functional;
- Find interesting data patterns, event sequences, logistical optimization routines and e-commerce optimizations;
- Develop full stack big data solutions together with Product Owner and BigData engineers at/for large customers;
- Rather than developing a model or algorithm in isolation, our data scientists like to embed their models in the existing systems and infrastructure of our clients.
- BA/BS/MS/or PhD, with strong academic record, ideally in Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Operations Research, Statistics or other quantitative field;
- Full working proficiency in Dutch and English is mandatory
- Good understanding of Mathematics, Statistics, Algorithms, Data structures, Data Visualisation, Machine Learning and Optimization modelling
- Experience with Python, SQL, etc;
- Passion for data analysis software such as: R, SAS, STATA, Julia, Mathlab etc;
- The ability to provide analytical, creative, and innovative solutions to complex problems;
- Tool experience: NoSQL databases, Hadoop / Hive / Pig MapReduce, Cassandra.
BigData Republic is a consultancy company in the area of big data engineering, data science and data architectures. We provide consultancy, training & support and help customers in their transition from previous generation information architectures to the new generation of Big Data technologies and analytics.
We don’t see our area of expertise as a playground, where we do only R&D at our customers expense, but we rather go for tangible results. Our consultants have a scientific background but are pragmatic in the execution and understand it all comes down to business value. Our Consultants are industry experts and thought-leaders who have worked extensively with Hadoop, NoSQL databases like Cassandra, CouchDB, search technologies like Elasticsearch, Solr and related technologies like R, Python etc.