TMNS is looking for Big Data Architects to help transform leading organizations into digital businesses, revolutionize their operations, increase customer insight and making better decisions utilizing vast amount of data.
- Assessing, defining, implementing and/or supporting Big Data architectures for our clients.
- Be part of the leading group of TMNS Architects with a deep technical background and willing to take an extra step forward to pioneer with future Big Data architectures.
- Propose innovative technology solutions and take the lead in implementing and evaluating these solutions. Assist in refining and enhancing Big Data architectures and frameworks.
- Working closely with our sale executives selling Big Data consulting work. Drive technical and architecture workshops.
- Capable to clearly and confidently present subject matter expert visions on current and future Big Data architecture related topics.
- Supervise architecture design, infrastructure design, build and deployment activities on multiple platforms.
- Master´s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electronic Engineering or a similar field.
- 3+ years of experience in assessing , architecting, designing or implementing IT architectures and applications related to Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Map Reduce, HDFS, Hive, R, Cassandra.
- 3+ years of experience in doing Architectures for Business Intelligence and Data Analytics platforms.
- Strong drive to continuously develop yourself in the field of Big Data.
- Ability in putting together an architecture roadmap for large Analytics initiatives detailing out the development, execution and operations architecture.
- Have experience in working directly with business users to gather and document technical requirements.
- Have deep experience in the use of modeling techniques including use case, scenario modeling, prototyping, and performance modeling.
- Experience with IT delivery life-cycle planning and management methodologies and tools.
- Preferred skills (at least 3 of the following skills):
- Hands-on experience with the Hadoop stack (e.g. MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Hbase, Flume).
- Hands-on experience with open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Linux, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP, Chef).
- Hands-on experience with ETL tools (e.g. Informatica, Talend, Pentaho), BI tools and reporting software (e.g. Microstrategy, Cognos, Pentaho).
- Hands-on experience with analytical tools, languages, or libraries (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, Mahout, Rapid Miner).
- Experience with high-scale or distributed RDBMS (Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica).
- Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems.
- Knowledge of NoSQL platforms (e.g. key-value stores, graph databases, RDF triple stores).
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Self-starter, with a keen interest in technology and highly motivated towards success;
- Must be proactive, show initiative and desire to learn business subjects;
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities;
- Highly developed evaluation skills, the ability to assess the potential impact of emerging technologies and strong presentation skills;
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment;
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment ;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.