Greenhouse Innovation is looking for an ambitious, entrepreneurial back-end developer with System & Administration experience, that helps us pave the way forward. You've been around the block in Back-end Land, but good is not yet good enough and your view is broader: you don't hesitate to show your skills in other disciplines and enjoy bringing the team to a higher level.
You'll help us extend & harden our backend infrastructure, help us make the jump to scaling it architecturally, server-wise, database-wise, storage-wise and code-wise.
You can help us streamline our database storage and retrieval for working on a globally scalable level, and maintain and improve our servers and toolsets both for internal and external use through the application of good tools and smart technologies.
And last but not least, you have a choice; either working as one of the pioneers in starting and setting up our new office in Barcelona or work in the Netherlands at our headquarters in Amsterdam! The choice is yours, let’s discuss!
Buzzwords to help you decide
MySQL meets NoSQL, Java, Tomcat, XML, JSON, HTTP, REST, Jersey, OAuth, async programming, map/reduce, scalability, security, Apple PNS/Google Cloud messaging, Cloud providers (Amazon AWS in particular), scripting (bash, python etc) and Linux/Unix knowledge is a must!
We're proud of all our products, but in particular;
- Selly: Our retail platform (http://www.sellyamsterdam.com) that features apps, backend & websites where we bring together real retailers and consumers
- Snipperwall: Leading the social conversation platform (www.snipperwall.com)
- Snipper: the one minute social video app (http://www.getsnipper.com)
This job posting allows you to work in these projects (and others on the horizon)
What makes you perfect for the job (but hey, surprise us with your skills!):
- Efficient, scalable and secure APIs and back-ends are what you strive for
- You have at least 3 years of experience with Java & backend architecture. Scala and functional oriented programming is a plus!
- You have experience with Amazon Web Services and you follow what's happening in the areas of Cloud computing, databases and performance data storage
- You know how to keep data safe and accessible
- You have a strong focus on security and have experience monitoring, updating and maintaining various *nix flavour servers.
- You have an in depth understanding of design patterns, data models, database design, database relationships and creating the best queries for the problem at hand.
- You know how to write well-designed and re-usable code & systems (making use of automated processes where possible), create your code around services and data access layers etc. is all known to you.
- You have a good understanding of networking at each level
- Exposure to the Agile development process
Least but not less, you are eager to put in the extra mile and you love to share your ideas with the team. We foster innovation and are keen to hear what you can bring to the table.
Greenhouse Innovation is specialized in the development and marketing of new business concepts, mostly online and mobile. From creation and development to execution and operational management.
Why join the navy if you can be a pirate?
The combination of backgrounds in market-focused commercial management, R&D, on-line and traditional media as well as e-commerce makes Greenhouse Innovation perfectly equipped to develop, market and manage innovative business concepts.