Application/Software Engineer bij ViNotionTopvacature
ViNotion has a product range known as ViSense. This product range exists of: ViSense CrowdDynamics, ViSense TrafficDynamics, ViSense MobilityDynamics & Visense MaritimeDynamics. Each product has different features and focuses on specific traffic participants. Moreover, each product is complementary, offering flexibility to our customers. We are looking to extend our product range with more advanced video analysis features and a cloud storage for data acquisition, processing and presentation. As an R&D engineer, you are an important link in the chain and will help ViNotion to offer more advanced artificial intelligence as a service.
You will be focusing on research and the further development of our ViSense products by developing system components, integrating video analysis algorithms, creating a testing environment, improving performance, mapping to an embedded device and much more. Examples are setting up a web server, porting a deep-learning algorithm to C++ and creating/ extending a component-based platform that can be used to build applications. Depending on your creativity, you will contribute to multiple fields. You will demonstrate your solution in operational field labs using realistic video data. Moreover, you will validate your system in cooperation with the customer, partners and other stakeholders. All work is dedicated to new and exciting applications in artificial intelligence. Your contribution and original ideas are appreciated and encouraged. For an overview of our products and services, follow the following YouTube link: https://youtu.be/pxnBgfMXjo0.
Your work will be seen by governmental agencies, mobility consultants, national services and even international relations in the mobility-event and maritime sector.
Your typical day at ViNotion
Relaxed you enter the Eindhoven office, where the coffee machine awaits you. You take a sip of your coffee while starting up your computer. Your colleagues trickle in and share their new stories. You check your mail, agenda and watch the feedback of your colleagues on your source code on ReviewBoard. You process your reviews and offer an improved version for review to your colleagues. On your Task Kanban it shows that you will start specifying and implementing a new function or improvement. You pitch your ideas to your colleagues and use their feedback to get started. In the afternoon you will focus on two different tasks: writing a script for overnight product validation on our computation servers and writing a technical report. After you finish the last task of your user story, you start reading and preparing the next user story on embedded software, to ensure a running start for the next day. Satisfied, you return home to start the next day re-energized and full of new ideas.
- A completed degree in College (HBO) or University (WO) with an ICT, electrical engineering or computer science background
- Experience in C/C++
- Experience with data-processing applications
- Good communication skills within a team and towards clients
- Self-reliant and pro-active work ethic
- You are continuously looking to improve yourself, for example by keeping up-to-date with the most recent technological advances
You are / You have:
- Must-have: Experience in object-oriented programming
- Must-have: Excellent English skills, both oral and written
- Pro: Dutch skills, both oral and written
- Pro: Living in or near Eindhoven
- Pro: Experience and affinity with programming in a Linux environment
- Pro: Experience with REST APIs and Websockets
- Beneficial: Experience and affinity with databases and data-communication protocols using JSON messages
What is in it for you?
We offer an independent and challenging role in a growing organisation, with a dynamical working environment and an informal and young team of co-workers.
- Salary in line with market practise
- Payment of divident
- Room for personal contributions and development
- Working in a relaxed atmosphere with welcoming colleagues
- Annual contract with possibilities for a regular employment
ViNotion is a specialist in the field of automated content analysis. Using innovative techniques such as Machine- and Deep Learning, ViNotion creates software solutions that are able to automatically detect and classify traffic participants in real-time.
Our products are able to learn and model specific objects from photo- and video examples. This technology is used in our smart surveillance systems, which are focused on the following applications:
- Analysis of pedestrians and cyclists; ViSense CrowdDynamics;
- Analysis of motorized vehicles; ViSense TrafficDynamics;
- Mobility analysis and consultancy; ViSense MobilityDynamics;
- Waterway analysis and management; ViSense MaritimeDynamics.
Our software solutions generate statistical data from video images, enabling our customers to take control of the situation. Our product range gives insight in the dynamic nature of traffic, such as the number of traffic participants, their movement speed, traversed paths, crowd density, congestion information and much more.