BigData Republic is a consultancy company in the area of big data engineering, data science and data architectures.
- Data engineers are full stack engineers/developers
- Full working proficiency in Dutch and English is mandatory
- Architecting solutions to collect, stream, store and analyse a variety of data
- Designing scalable systems
- Working with large sets of structured and unstructured data
- Design trend detection/pattern recougnition algorithms for predictive analytics
- Flexibly research and develop new technologies as need changes
- Working with other teams to define/refine requirements and provide solutions
There is great deal of overlap between roles in BigData Republic. For instance, a data scientist might use the Hadoop ecosystem to serve up answers to their data questions, and a data engineer might be programming an iterative machine learning algorithm to run over a Spark cluster. Even though these tracks are separate in our program, some companies prefer that candidates are comfortable with aspects from both data science and data engineering.
- BA/BS/MS/or PhD, with strong academic record, ideally in Artificial intelligence, Mathematics, Computer Science, OR, Statistics or other quantitative field
- Experience working with large data sets (both structured and unstructured) using technologies such as MapReduce, Hadoop, HBase, Hive and NoSQL
- Experience with visualization technologies
- Experience with predictive analytics using R or SaS in PoC/prototyping is a plus
- Experience with real-time analysis of sensor/data from Internet of Things is a plus
- Preferred candidates have several years of software engineering experience in Big Data
- Preferred skills / tool experience:
- Scripting / dynamic languages, such as Python / Bash / Ruby
- Programming languages: Java /Scala/C++
- Hadoop, Cassandra, MongoDB, Neo4J etc.
- SQL, REST API’s/ JSON o Linux and Bash scripting
- Search systems (Lucene / ElasticSearch / SOLR)
- Agile software development
BigData Republic is a consultancy company in the area of big data engineering, data science and data architectures. We provide consultancy, training & support and help customers in their transition from previous generation information architectures to the new generation of Big Data technologies and analytics.
We don’t see our area of expertise as a playground, where we do only R&D at our customers expense, but we rather go for tangible results. Our consultants have a scientific background but are pragmatic in the execution and understand it all comes down to business value. Our Consultants are industry experts and thought-leaders who have worked extensively with Hadoop, NoSQL databases like Cassandra, CouchDB, search technologies like Elasticsearch, Solr and related technologies like R, Python etc.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? BigData Republic ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van Medior BigData Engineer bij Big DataRepublic .