This is a senior position, but we accept applications from people with limited experience who can convince us that they are the right person for the job.
In more detail, this is what we think you'll be busy with:
- Maintain a Pyramid backend. Next to coding, this includes planning the next steps (in Jira and scrum planning), overseeing the build process and documentation (we plan on open-sourcing the core part of the backend).
- Lead a small team working on the Pyramid backend.
- Take part in shaping the technological strategy we take with our whole stack. The architecture decisions in our backend are crucial for everything else.
Finally, some employment conditions, which should be of interest:
- This is a full-time position. We offer flex schedules anywhere from 32h-40h per week.
- We allow remote workers, but for this position we require the applicant to be a Dutch national or possess a Dutch social security number (BSN). EU citizens who have not previously lived in the Netherlands are welcome to apply, but would need to relocate to the Netherlands to obtain a BSN (~social security) number. We do not pay for relocation or Visas of non-EU citizens.
- Be at home on Unix
- Some Bash scripting familiarity
Nice to have:
- Experience with modern CI automation tools - we use Jenkins
- Experience with NoSQL databases - we use MongoDB
- Experience with Pyramid
- Experience with AWS
- Currently we are situated near Amsterdam, The Netherlands, where life is relaxed and free, 90% of people hold conversations in English without problems, and where innovation and design are everywhere. In February 2017 we will be moving closer to the centre of Amsterdam, to a modern office complex with a gym, cafeteria, and access to nearby shopping, entertainment, and public transportation.
- Compensation varies with experience and added value (our team provides room to grow). We provide a laptop and benefits like 25 days of vacation per year and pension support.
- We’d like the candidate to physically be present in our office near Amsterdam (The Netherlands) but for the right candidate, (partly) remote work is possible.
- Flexible schedules, part-time or full-time.
- Work from home possible in limited fashion.
We are a medium-sized B2B company, automating the business processes of small/medium retailers and wholesalers. We are well on our way from an agency model (the company exists since 25 years, the founder is still serving as CEO) to a PaaS model with a stack of MongoDB/Python/Angular. Our legacy system is close to being slain for good and there is still room for shaping the future.
Our development team is a mature, diverse and friendly group of people who are busy with building a modern PaaS platform as well as servicing our existing customers. We are proudly not a startup.
Over the last few years we have transitioned our backend and frontend stack to modern web technology standards (HTML5/AngularJS/Python/MongoDB) and have adopted some agile methods. Our Python API/middleware (built with Pyramid) connects all our frontend applications to our database and third-party APIs. It is therefore at the center of our technology stack.
We have built a solid foundation for our new modern platform and now the pace of delivering valuable features is picking up. We need to expand our backend team with a Python developer who knows a thing or two about web development and is keen on delivering code that lasts.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? Softwear ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van Medior Python Engineer bij Softwear.