BigData Republic is a consultancy company in the area of big data engineering, data science and data architectures
- Play a leading role in the development of big data technology based systems (e.g. Hadoop & Cassandra) from design to hands-on delivery both in green field and existing environments.
- Leading innovation by exploring, investigating, recommending, benchmarking and implementing data-centric technologies.
- Gather and collect the data, store it, do batch processing or real-time processing on it, and serve it via an API to a data scientist/engineer who can easily query it.
- You typically work on solutions that scale to multiple systems.
- A good big data engineer has extensive knowledge on databases and best engineering practices. These include handling and logging errors, monitoring the system, building human-fault-tolerant pipelines, understanding what is necessary to scale up, addressing continuous integration, knowledge of database administration, maintaining data cleaning, and ensuring a deterministic pipeline.
- Hands-on experience with the Hadoop stack (e.g. MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Hbase, Flume) and/or other (distributed) platforms such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Neo4J etc.
- Full working proficiency in Dutch and English is mandatory
- Hands on programming and development experience; excellent problem solving skills; proven technical leadership and communication skills
- Hands-on experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Linux, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP, Chef).
- Good understanding of Data structures, ETL, RDBMS
- Experience with Hadoop Security model consisting of authentication, service level authorization, authentication for Web consoles and data confidentiality.
- Hands-on Experience in the areas of Clustered/Distributed Computing Networking & Security
- Having a solid track record building large scale, fault-tolerant systems over the whole lifecycle of the project
- Prior experience with large scale distributed RDBMS (Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica) is a plus.
- Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2/S3/EMR, RackSpace Cloud, OpenStack) is a plus.
BigData Republic is a consultancy company in the area of big data engineering, data science and data architectures. We provide consultancy, training & support and help customers in their transition from previous generation information architectures to the new generation of Big Data technologies and analytics.
We don’t see our area of expertise as a playground, where we do only R&D at our customers expense, but we rather go for tangible results. Our consultants have a scientific background but are pragmatic in the execution and understand it all comes down to business value. Our Consultants are industry experts and thought-leaders who have worked extensively with Hadoop, NoSQL databases like Cassandra, CouchDB, search technologies like Elasticsearch, Solr and related technologies like R, Python etc.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? BigData Republic ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van Medior BigData Infra Specialist bij BigData Republic .