You have the technical background from a variety of different fields including Linux/Windows systems administration, network administration and application- and infrastructure monitoring. The role supports our Amazon Cloud services that focus on networking technologies including e.g. Elastic Load Balancing, VPC, RDS databases, SoftNas/EFS, troubleshooting and reproducing and solving complex errors and/or performance issues. As System Engineer you closely work together with the development teams in line with the DevOps approach.
- Responsible for leading (near shore) Managed Services Team group of engineers on technical activities and completion of activities on time and budget.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and solve issues closely working together with our Cloud provider, external and internal stakeholders.
- In a DevOps manner and culture, closely work together with our Development Team and software suppliers in setting up new and changing existing systems as well as implementing new releases for those systems.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in Information Technology particular to our business to be able to make recommendations for improvements to Management.
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for infrastructure changes and monitor actual spending compared to budget.
- Manage the 1st line Office IT support together with the Office IT support external partner and ensure smooth running of the Office IT processes, communication and the escalation management with our colleagues.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience preferably in a fast growing international environment servicing large multi-national complex clients;
- Fluent in English, oral & writing
- Very good working experience with Linux/Solaris system administration, familiar with UNIX tools, Postgres, Enterprise Service Bus and MS Office tooling
- Good understanding of networking (routing/switching, etc.)
- Understanding of (server) hardware configuration and optimization
- Understanding of MS Windows / Linux Server, Tomcat and Quartz
- Understanding of virtualization technologies (VMware) is a must
- Microsoft and Amazon certification is a pre.
- Be open minded and passionate about learning new technologies and delivering the best solution to our customers, on time, and as promised.
- Inquisitive attitude towards IT technology and Transport, Logistics and or Finance. A passion for technology
- Master the art of communicating complex details in simplistic terms to our customers and partners. React creatively but rationally to customer requests
- Strong analytic and troubleshooting skills
- Accurate, attention to detail and quality-minded
- Proactive and independent working style
- Good team player with very good communication skills and a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Flexible and hands-on mentality, ability to work under pressure.
For top talent we offer market competitive salary and benefits with focus on individual personal growth and development. Our working environment is an innovative, youthful, international, positive, fun and dynamic one, full of agile; relentlessly customer focused self starters and entrepreneurs.
Our core values; open spirit, passion for results, innovative thinking and customer driven remain at the roots of how we work and we cherish our pioneering spirit.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? Cycleon ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van Linux specialist System engineer bij Cycleon.