Junior Java Software Engineer bij Forcare
The software engineer builds and expands product software for the healthcare market. Developing software is the core activity. Direct contact with customers and users in hospitals is "part of the job".
• Works with the product owner and team lead(s) to understand and scope (high-level) features (stories).
• Estimates the size and investigates the development of high-level features (stories) to implement specific tasks (in teams);
• Implements features in a test-driven development process characterized by short cycles and daily interaction;
• Implements and maintains automated unit and integration testing, supported by a fully automated continuous build;
• Documents implementation and design decisions in code and design documentation.
• Occasional contact with customer/partner representative
• Internal contact with Technical consultants, Quality Software engineers and the Product owner
• An HBO+ or academic thinking and working level;
• Affinity with the Agile development method, version control, Test-Driven Development, automatic (unit) testing, continuous builds, and lots of interaction between developers;
• Experience with developing software for the healthcare market is preferred.
• Can work independently
• Works well in a team;
• Good communication skills
• Good verbal and writing skills in English and Dutch
• Operating systems knowledge (Windows and/or Linux)
• Software engineering skills
• JAVA experience
• DICOM knowledge
• HL7 knowledge
• IHE knowledge
• Open source development tools knowledge (like Hibernate and Apache Tomcat)
• Database management techniques
• 12 monthly salaries + 8% holiday allowance
• Travel expenses reimbursed on the basis of 19ct / km (up to a maximum of 60km per day for the daily commute)
• Pension scheme for which the employee pays 50% of the fee and Forcare the other 50%
• 25 vacation days
• First a one year contract, after that a permanent contract
• Possibility for a 32, 36 or 40 hour work week
• We work on products for an international setting (Europe, Canada, USA).
• We use continuous integration, test driven development, test automation and unit tests. (JUnit, Selenium, etc).
• We have fully automated performance, load and stress tests that are run every night
Forcare is a leading Dutch software company providing software products and services for healthcare. Our focus is “interoperability” between healthcare IT systems. That is, we provide products and services to interconnect existing systems to share and exchange patient data. Based on our solutions, a comprehensive and complete view of available patient information in a region is realized. Our products are sold worldwide through partners and resellers. We work with large partners such as IBM, Agfa, Fuji and Philips, but also with local integrators.
Forcare will grow again in 2016. It now consists of 50 people in the Netherlands (Software engineers, testers, project engineers, sales). In addition, we will also grow the office in Canada.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? Forcare ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van Junior Java Software Engineer bij Forcare.
Heb je nog vragen?