Position responsibilities and expectations
- Demonstrates Technical Infrastructure Architectural knowledge, playing a vital role in the design of production, staging, QA and development IT Infrastructures running in 24x7 environments.
- Participates in development of customer architectural strategies, including technology standardization, modernization and virtualization.
- Analyzes business and technical requirements to determine system design, potential issues, and related cost for each project request.
- Align architectural strategy with customer’s business objectives, delivers designs that meet business requirements, are on time, and within budget.
- Develops implementation and migration strategies that preserve the availability, performance, integrity, stability, and scalability of systems.
- Produce design documents to effectively hand over infrastructure architectures to Operations teams for successful systems engineering and implementation.
- Leads the successful delivery of complex customer IT Infrastructure projects from planning, design to implementation.
- Leads a team of solution architects on large transformation programs.
- Solves complex, cross-functional issues that cross technologies in network, server, storage, O/S, virtualization, consolidation, middleware, security applications, operations, content switching, caching and/or content delivery networks and security.
- Working closely with customer teams and Cognizant customer account teams across the European region.
- Continuously focuses on project delivery excellence and high level of customer satisfaction
- Build tight working relationship with CBC-IT IS offshore delivery teams.
- Good business judgment, a comfortable, open communication style, and a willingness and ability to work with customers and teams.
- The candidate will be part of Cognizant’s CIS Delivery team in the BeNeLux region.
- Candidate will report to CIS BeNeLux Leadership.
- Generate Automation ideas that help BAU team become more efficient in quality services.
- Ownership of Infrastructure architecture at BAU.
- Build the foundation strong for quality services.
Technical Skills required
- Strong understanding of industry standards and best practices for IT Infrastructures, keeping current with industry trends and emerging technologies and providing guidance and direction to customers and project teams.
- Strong understanding of across main infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end to end IT Infrastructure architectures and designs.
- Experience in platform and data center migrations and consolidations.
- 8+ years' experience as an IT Infrastructure Architect, with focus on server, storage, networking, and cloud technologies.
- 15+ years' experience with MS Server Operating Systems
- 8+ years' experience with MS SQL, Sharepoint and .NET
- 8+ years' experience with SAN, NAS design (preferably EMC) from architectural standpoint
- Must be well versed in and have experience IT policies and procedures and technology standards
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies (Azure, S3, EC2, VMware)
- Experience in leading a team in applying all elements of Technical Consulting
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Must be comfortable making Disaster Recovery Models or recommendations.
- Understanding of Datacenter applications.
Consulting skills required
- Passionate, persuasive, articulate data center technical professional capable of quickly establishing interest and credibility in how to design, deploy and operate server based technologies within the virtualized data center of the future.
- Strong written, verbal and chalk board skills
- Experience in working in Prince2 or PMI methodology managed projects.
- Experience in enterprise applications, solutions and data center infrastructures.
- Understands and can articulate the technical merits and value of data center virtualization
- Strong customer-interaction skills and architectural skills.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and excitement with data center personnel, as well as work collaboratively and in a hands-on manner with technical professionals.
- Proven ability to document appropriate technical information to serve as base for training, technical operations run books and knowledge objects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- Relevant Industry certifications such as Microsoft (MCSA) and VMWare (VCP).
- Togaf certification.
- PM Certification is a pre.
- 15 or more years of IT experience.
- Minimum of 8 year experience as a technical architect.
- Exposure and working level knowledge of working with and interfacing to global delivery teams
- Fluent in English.
- Preferred location: Netherlands.
Cognizant Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 75 delivery centers worldwide and approximately 220,000 employees as of October 31, 2015, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: @Cognizant.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? Cognizant Technology Solutions ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van CIS - BAU Infrastructure Architect BeNeLux bij Cognizant Technology Solutions.