BigData Republic is a consultancy company in the area of big data engineering, data science and data architectures.
- The mission of a Data Scientist is to do deep learning from data in order to help guide the business;
- A data scientist must be able to answer complex statistical questions. Must be able to process large amount of data to obtain statistical data out of gigantic data populations;
- Finding the answers requires knowledge of statistics, machine learning, NLP, optimization modelling and data mining;
- It is essential to know ICT fundamentals and programming, including experience with languages and database technologies such as Python, R and MySQL;
- A data scientist should be able to effectively communicate his results to interested audiences. This includes visualizing data or results in a dashboard. That is why a data scientist should be well-versed in creating charts and graphs by using visualization tools like D3. Next to visualization, a data scientist should also be able to adequately report his results and insights verbally and in writing;
- You don't make assumptions but you understand the strengths and weaknesses of different models and can effectively reason about when to apply various combinations. You're not a one trick pony.
- Understand business drivers, functional and non-functional;
- Find interesting data patterns, event sequences, logistical optimization routines and e-commerce optimizations;
- Develop full stack big data solutions together with Product Owner and BigData engineers at/for large customers;
- Rather than developing a model or algorithm in isolation, our data scientists like to embed their models in the existing systems and infrastructure of our clients.
- BA/BS/MS/or PhD, with strong academic record, ideally in Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Operations Research, Statistics or other quantitative field;
- Full working proficiency in Dutch and English is mandatory
- Good understanding of Mathematics, Statistics, Algorithms, Data structures, Data Visualisation, Machine Learning and Optimization modelling
- Experience with Python, SQL, etc;
- Passion for data analysis software such as: R, SAS, STATA, Julia, Mathlab etc;
- The ability to provide analytical, creative, and innovative solutions to complex problems;
- Tool experience: NoSQL databases, Hadoop / Hive / Pig MapReduce, Cassandra.
BigData Republic is a consultancy company in the area of big data engineering, data science and data architectures. We provide consultancy, training & support and help customers in their transition from previous generation information architectures to the new generation of Big Data technologies and analytics.
We don’t see our area of expertise as a playground, where we do only R&D at our customers expense, but we rather go for tangible results. Our consultants have a scientific background but are pragmatic in the execution and understand it all comes down to business value. Our Consultants are industry experts and thought-leaders who have worked extensively with Hadoop, NoSQL databases like Cassandra, CouchDB, search technologies like Elasticsearch, Solr and related technologies like R, Python etc.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? BigData Republic ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van BigData Scientist bij BigData Republic.